I have criticized and will continue to criticize social media and the internet. Today, however, I’d like to shed light on how incredible these intangible entities are.
With the power of the internet, we can:
• communicate with each other, with strangers, and with folks around the planet
• discover new music, artists, writers, thinkers, speakers, teachers; and share them with our friends…
• promote, at scale, our own ideas and creations
• collaborate with others on projects without ever having to meet them in real life
• learn almost anything we want if we have the gall to sit down, watch videos, and read
Explain all of that to someone before you were born, and they literally wouldn’t understand how you’d be capable of such a thing.