Happy New Year!
Like most people, I feel a surge of motivation and ambition when the dates change. And like most people, that intensity tends to fade come February.
So this year, I thought I’d try something new: quarterly goals.
What if there was a new year…every three months? Is it possible to keep things fresh and exciting more frequently? How can I balance repeatable systems with novelty? I don’t know if this is the answer but it’s an experiment I’d like to try.
It’s funny. Since starting my coaching practice I’ve made it a point to not be like any regular company. I got into entrepreneurship because I didn’t want a boss or entity telling me what to do or how to do it. I’ve rebelled against the traditional ways of doing things in business.
But as I become more experienced in my career, I’m realizing I’ve been throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Not that I assault babies (for I do not do that anymore). But maybe if there are practices that companies do, it’s not because they’re all mindless drones who can’t think for themselves. Maybe common procedures are common because they work.
Anyway, let’s find out. I’ve broken down my quarterly goals into four categories: coaching, content, life/health, and people.
Between January 1st and March 31st, here are my major goals in 2023…
- reach out to at least five people every Monday to connect
- stay curious and ask follow-up questions
- get to 40 Google Reviews
- propose $20k/year
- new morning writing schedule—Do The Thing! on MoWeFr, this blog on TuTh
- finish the first draft of my book
- get to 20 YouTuber’s Guide to the Galaxy episodes
- get to 45 total YouTube videos uploaded
- stretch every morning
- teeth cleaned (dentist) and ears cleaned (ENT)
- check testosterone levels
- move to Buenos Aires
- enroll in Spanish conversation course
- work on best man speech with my comedian friend
- ask out 25 women (in person, face-to-face)
- create a CRM for my friends with their goals, projects, and wins
And finally, an affirmation…
“On April 1st, 2023, I will be in Argentina, drinking wine with new friends, with 500 YouTube subscribers.”
Have Q1 goals of your own? Email them to me.
Let’s do this!